For the purposes of understanding this Policy, capitalised terms used in this Policy shall have the following meanings:
“Applicable Laws” means Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from time to time;
“Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable data protection laws;
“Platforms” means collectively CHEAK’s Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
“Social Media” means CHEAK’s pages and accounts on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube;
“Website” means the CHEAK website accessed at the following address www.cheak.com; and
“CHEAK, we, us, or our” means Butter. Pte. Ltd. or a holding company or a subsidiary, or a subsidiary of a common holding company (including any individual, group, partnership or other entity) of Butter. Pte. Ltd.
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, contact details, mailing and delivery addresses, email address, birthday,
- Your name;
- Mailing address(es);
- Telephone number(s);
- Email address(es);
- Date and month of birth;
- Current occupation;
- Marketing preferences;
- Answers you provide to security questions (e.g. mother's maiden name, pet's name);
- Payment information and transaction details;
- Aggregated site statistics data;
- Network and device data (including your IP address and device or advertising identifiers)
- Your shopping or browsing behaviours, voice recording (for customer service calls);
- and any other personally identifiable information which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
We will indicate if the collection and provision of certain categories of personal data is mandatory. For any such categories, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain features of our website or order any products if you do not provide us with the required information.
By (1) clicking “Yes” or providing your acceptance on our Policy pop-up or any web form referring to this Policy on any of our Platforms, (2) submitting your Personal Data to us when signing up for an account on the Platforms, (3) browsing our Platforms, (4) ordering any of our products and services, (5) submitting your Personal Data to us when participating in any competitions hosted on the Platforms, or (6) signing up for any programs organised by CHEAK, you acknowledge you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
We may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. The effective date will be displayed at the beginning of this Policy. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is collected when:
- you register a user account with our Website or if you participate in our loyalty program;
- you request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- you fill in any forms on our website;
- you submit any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way;
- you make purchases of goods or services through our website;
- you submit a review for any item on our website, which may include photographs you upload or any other personal particulars you voluntarily provide;
- you make a transaction regarding the products available on our Website and Apps;
- you browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Platforms;
- you accept our cookies on your device;
- you interact with our Customer Service Team or other representatives, for example, via our chatbot, chat apps, messaging platforms, webform, emails, telephone calls, video calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings or events;
- you interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- you interact with us on our livestream channel, such as liking or commenting on a stream/video;
- you participate in our promotions, competitions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- you receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- you or your authorized representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such authorized representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our website or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website;
- To evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way;
- To enable you to participate in and to receive information regarding our loyalty program (if applicable);
- To facilitate purchases of goods and services both offline and online;
- To administer any competitions and communicating with you in relation to matters relating to such competitions, such as communicating competition terms and conditions, additional requirements, and winner announcements;
- To verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you and/or services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to relevant third parties such as our payment service providers;
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
- To improve the content of the website;
- To customize the content of the website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- To utilize your browsing history on the website for demographic research;
- To obtain analytical data of web visitors and aggregated website visitation statistics which are anonymous in nature;
- To provide other customers with product advice on what items may look like when purchased or worn;
- To improve the customer experience of our products via reviews and recommendations; and
- To promote our products or services on our Platforms.
Please remember that any information that you disclose for the purposes set out above are not private and may be viewed (and potentially shared) on CHEAK’s Platforms and beyond. We kindly request that you do not send us any sensitive information pertaining to yourself or to others.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
WHO WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE SHARED WITH
In order to provide the above services to you, we may share, including transfering out of Singapore, your personal data with the following entities:
- CHEAK’s parent company and its subsidiaries;
- Companies involved in running our website, getting your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies;
- Third party Logistics service providers;
- Companies involved in running our loyalty program (if you participate in the program);
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners websites hosts and 3rd party platform providers, who help us to run our business;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your account to us);
- Agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security or other relevant services which requires their collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data;
- Any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to; and
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies or anybody required by law.
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our website may not function properly.
To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
If you are using your mobile device, check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
Our websites do not respond to Do Not Track signals because we do not track our users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. However, we believe that you should have a choice regarding interest-based ads served by our partners, which is why we outline the options available to you above.
Links To Third Party Websites
Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Data
You may review and correct your personal data by signing into your user account and selecting 'Update Profile' or equivalent, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party. Please allow fourteen (14) working days for your request to be processed. In relation to any request for access to any personal data, we reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for the processing of this request in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Deletion of your account with us will not automatically delete the personal data held about you. If you would like to request that we delete all personal data together with the deletion of your account, please follow the steps under Request for Deletion of Personal Data.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, or opt-out of our loyalty program detailed instructions are provided at the bottom of all emails sent out. If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our other mailing lists, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow thirty (30) working days for your request to be processed.
Request for Deletion of Personal Data
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data that we collected from you and retained, with certain exceptions. If you would like to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your personal data, please write to us at email@example.com. We will process such a request within a reasonable time and it may take up to thirty (30) days for this to be reflected in our systems. Once this is complete, we will no longer retain, use and/or disclose your personal data, except for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes. Our ability to comply with your deletion request is subject to any applicable legal or other requirement to maintain certain records of your personal data. In that regard, please note that the deletion of your personal data from our database will result in us not being able to provide you with the products or services that you have requested from us.
Retention of Personal Data
Unless you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent, we will retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, as well as our legal and financial obligations.
When your personal data in our possession is no longer required for the purpose it was collected for, or any of our legitimate business or legal purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure that your personal data is either destroyed or anonymised.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information and process it securely. Such measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardized industry practices. Where you have chosen a password to access our website, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website. Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
The personal data you provide to us may be transferred to and stored with a cloud service provider with servers that are located in various jurisdictions. In addition, some of the entities to which your personal data may be disclosed or transferred under "Personal Data" above may be located outside your home jurisdiction. Some of these countries may not have the same or substantially similar privacy laws than those of your home jurisdiction. In those circumstances, we will ensure that recipients in those countries will provide you with a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection of your home jurisdiction.
All other questions on our use of your personal data should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, whom you may contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy and your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.